Monday, December 6, 2021

At 35 - Replying to a post from 10 years ago

 Hellos! 

Is anyone interested anymore? Is anyone reading other people's lives or has Twitter taken over? Is anyone blogging? Is it still a "thing"? 

I dont know anymore. As much as I dont know the lingos of the Net, prices of so many things or different shades of green colour. Mobiles have been replaced, books dont smell the same and there is no calm in my mornings. But life drifts obsequiously.  It did. It peaked, plummeted at so many places, but it moved forward. Way too fast than required.

I can feel life in my head that once had so many dreams. Dreams still exist in random neurons , but not the same ones.

I can feel life in my bones. Fragile and pops at different places. It is not dangerous yet, but it is scary. I am not old, just careful to not to be old too soon.

I can feel life in my people. From the notion that everyone around me was supposed to be aligned to now, each to their own. Empathy occupies and inebriates in every whiff of my sentence. It is necessary to keep my sanity. and my personal space. 


So, here is a comparison from what I wrote 10 years ago, to what I am. 

In bold- what I wrote at 26 - 

1. Life planned will always remain in blueprint. It takes a dedication to make it come true. Don’t try too hard, move with the flow 

 At 35, I am still moving with the flow, though I am bit aware where the flow has taken me over the years. I have done a lot over my years in terms of travel and finances, and quite proud of it. Most of them wasnt planned to the nit grit. 

2. Relationships are important but make a point to understand if you mean anything to them

Nothing is more important than me. My thoughts, feelings and certain state of being. Nothing. No one.

3. People no longer lie at your back; they lie at your face

Doesnt matter. I dont pick any calls from anyone. You can whatsapp me the lies, or whatever. I dont think anyone cares about these cheesy stupid sentences.

4. There is competition only if you think so. Everyone has his own audience

There is a mad mad mad competition out there. Everyone's audience is overlapping. But, to be genuine and have close set of people is enough as audience. I am still running the rat race, but it is ok. I am ok running the race. I am not different or unique in terms of talent, but I have made peace with that.

5.  Stereotypes will strike when you thought you broke them all

Oh man! I have no idea what stereotypes I was talking about. But, I know I had my personal opinions aligned at 20. People are still throwing their personal experiences as the way of living, and I dont agree with that. However, I am not telling anyone anything . I made lot of personal resolutions in 2016-2017, and I want to stick to them. They are definitely not in the norms of the society that I spend my everyday with, but I am not voicing out. I am not anyone's favourite or being admired, but I know that I am trying very hard to be the nice person.

6. Love has become more of convenience. If not for yourself, it is for someone

For my own peace, I have stopped to define what love is. 

7. Hobbies will be capitalized

Tried and it didnt work. Gave up. But I took up many many hobbies along the way, and I was doing fine.

8. Balancing out has become a task in itself

I just want inner peace. It can be balanced out with Broccoli or Burgers.

9. Friends matter a lot. More than I expected

I dont know anyone way too much anymore. No one knows me either. We are good in the current space. 

10. Who cares and who doesn’t is all in your head. 

Care for myself, and that is enough. Please get those million thoughts out of the head. Live in the moment. Look after health, avoid sugar and meditate.


1 comment:

youknowwho said...

Nice comparison of yourself from a long lost age.. I guess you have matured as a person and come full circle..but wait there are more circles to cross and more dots to link.so hang in there and be yourself..after all life is happening NOW..

At 35 - Replying to a post from 10 years ago

 Hellos!  Is anyone interested anymore? Is anyone reading other people's lives or has Twitter taken over? Is anyone blogging? Is it stil...